Insulect link box designs use various earthing practices to minimise sheath currents and provide sheath voltage protection.
- Direct Earthing or SVL Earthing through sheath voltage limiter surge arrester
- Cross Bonding with insulation withstand between phases
- Cable Sheath Protection using metal oxide sheath voltage
surge limiters (SVL’s).
Insulect Link Boxes ensure a weather-proof environment for connecting links, whether for earthing or cross-bonding high voltage cables.
Key Component Materials
- Links – Extruded copper in hard drawn high conductivity 300mm2 minimum
- Insulators – High tension porcelain, stainless steel hardware
- Stress cones – Polyurethane elastomer
- Plating – All conductors plated with ≥8μm of tin.